top of page



Qualifications for Applicants

  • Bachelor’s degree in any subject with overall GPA 3.0/4.0

  • May have verification statement from ACEND accredited didactic program in dietetics (DPD), or 

  • If no DPD verification statement, must complete prerequisite courses including:

    • One semester introductory or basic statistics

    • One semester general chemistry

    • One semester organic chemistry (preferably with biochemistry)

    • Two semesters of anatomy and physiology

    • One semester microbiology

    • One semester introductory nutrition course (minimum 3 units)

    • One semester community nutrition

    • One semester lifecycle nutrition

    • One semester nutrition and metabolism (macronutrients, vitamins, minerals)

    • Two semesters of medical nutrition therapy

    • One semester food science or food preparation

    • Two semesters of nutrition administration courses (e.g., food systems or nutrition services management and quantity food production) 

    • ServSafe® Manager certification.

  • Students who have not completed all prerequisite courses prior to submitting their application will still be considered for the program as long as no more than 3 prerequisite courses are outstanding prior to the application deadline, and the student can demonstrate proof of enrollment in the remaining prerequisite courses in their application.

    • Students with outstanding prerequisite courses must demonstrate that they have completed those courses with a B or better prior to the start of the program.

    • Students will be dropped from the program if
      prerequisite courses are not complete, or if a B or better was not earned prior to the start of the program.

    • Prerequisite courses completed more than 6 years prior to the application deadline may need to be retaken.

Application Process

  • Must apply to both KACAD and the University of Central Arkansas a minimum of two months before the start date in August or January (by June 15 or November 1)


Submit the following attached to one email message to

  • Transcripts from all Colleges/Universities attended. Unofficial transcripts are accepted during the application period; however, students must submit an official transcript in order to be accepted

    • Official transcripts must be submitted after acceptance;

  • Personal statement; please answer:

    • Why do you want to be a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist?

    • What academic and life experiences have prepared you for this program?

    • What are your short and long-term goals?

    • What are examples of strengths?

    • What are examples of weaknesses and how do you plan to address those areas needing improvement?

    • Why are you applying to this program, and how will it help you to reach your goals?


    • Three recommendations (use downloadable form)

    • Completed practicum rotation schedule (use downloadable form)​

    • Facility Form for each place you will go during the program (use downloadable form)

    • Preceptor form corresponding to each facility form (use downloadable form)

University of Central Arkansas

Apply to be admitted as a graduate student for a MS in Dietetics and Nutrition Therapy

  • University of Central Arkansas Program Coordinator:  Dr. Alicia Landry


UCA Graduate School Application Process ( with these specifications:

  • MS in Dietetics and Nutrition Therapy

  • Summer admission term

  • Create an online account using a valid email address.
    (If you are currently a UCA student, this account is different from your MyUCA account)

  • Select the Graduate School Application option

  • Complete the application 

  • Pay the $45 non-refundable application fee.

  • After paying the application fee, upload all the required documents (if applicable) on the applicant status page.

  • Send official transcripts to the Graduate School (

  • International students must send copies of diplomas and official transcripts/mark sheets from all universities attended. All non-U.S. transcripts must be accompanied by a credential evaluation from IEE, Span Tran, WES or another NACES approved accredited evaluation company.  Third party evaluations must include: a) Course by Course evaluation, b) Grade Point Average (GPA) as compared with U.S. grading system, c) U.S. equivalent of degree,  d) Copy of transcript(s), e) Accreditation of institution(s).  Third party evaluations must include the transcript.  Please see UCA website for further information. 



bottom of page